Vacancy: Self Employed Dog Walker/Day Care Assistant< Back...
Pawfect Walkies Ltd is one of Leeds most reliable and loved dog walking company. We pride ourselves on giving the personal touch to all of our customers and by leading the way in the pet service industry. We are expanding further and looking to recruit a reliable, organised and confident self-employed dog walker/day care assistant to help expand our friendly company.
Before furthering any applications with us we want to make sure you’re aware of and happy with the following information:
- You will be self employed, therefore its up to you how you succeed. We will provide you with the clients/dogs.
- As this is a self employed role its effectively a zero hour agreement; therefore no guarantee of any set/regular hours. Although, in this case you will be taking over someone else’s position in the company who will be leaving shortly, so there will be instantly a list of dogs available to you.
- If you’re applying for this job as your main household income, this maybe not the job for you.
- We are looking for someone local who could be called upon with short notice.
- Please be aware you will need to be registered as self-employed so please check if this affects things like pensions/benefits. This is relatively simple to do.
- We’re looking for someone to start with immediate effect.
To be considered for this position, candidates should:
- Be available to work between approx. 0800 and 1630 Monday to Friday (although we can be flexible, depending on the circumstances).
- Be able to work independently and safely with our customers and their pets
- Hold a full, clean driving license and have access to a vehicle suitable for the transportation of dogs.
- Live within a reasonable distance of Micklefield, LS25
- Be comfortable and confident handling dogs of all breeds
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Must be prepared to work in all weather and conditions
Duties include; ensuring the welfare and safety of dogs at all times as well as walking, entertaining, playing with and caring for them and their environment. This maybe dog walks (group or solo), puppy visits and let-outs. You wont be expected to walk our customer’s dogs in groups of no more than 4 at a time.
The work is currently part time (with the room to expand to full time) and would therefore only suit people who already work part time or freelance. Due to the small number of hours currently offered, this role may well suit someone who has time free in the day. Someone semi retired maybe, who’d enjoy the canine contact and some extra exercise.
** However, this role is to replace a dog walker who will be sadly leaving us shortly so we have plenty of dogs already lined up with room to expand. **
We would provide up to 1 week unpaid training where you would shadow our existing dog walkers.
This role may eventually lead to the opportunity of a more substantial job with more hours as the business grows and more customers join us. We may use the successful candidate to help cover the business during staff holidays and odd days should we need it.
Pay would be based on a 65% share of the services you complete weekly. The more walks you do, the more you will earn. We are not able to pay your travel so you will need to live near the areas we walk in. As you’re self-employed you would be responsible for sorting your own income tax/affairs. You would also need to ensure you have adequate vehicle insurance to cover you for ‘business use’ (normally doesn’t affect the premium).
We would expect you to work for us for a minimum of 6 months of which 1 month you’ll be under probation. You will need to complete a police check (Basic Disclosure) before starting.
*Due to the number of applications we may receive, only successful candidates for interview for the role will be contacted.
Closing Date for Application: 07/02/2018Apply Online